Monday, March 22, 2010

E71 power button jammed

one touch of my power button causes it to open the profile menu, and then it restarts on it's own, without me holding it. Then it comes back on by itself too, like the power button is jammed. When I pull the battery out, and leave it out for whatever length of time (I tried 10-20 min), as soon as the battery is back in, it turns itself on.

As of the last few days, it has decided than when I place it on a table, or sometimes just getting moved around in my pocket, it wants to restart.

I do NOT want to send it back to manufacturer, as they will give me a $4 phone to use, and still charge me data rates and all that for 8 weeks. But is there a fix for this, like a program or something that alters what the power button does? Can I disable the power button at all?

Answer:


Try it open it up and see what the problem is. Look for a disassembly tutorial online. I believe there's a pretty good one on Youtube. Get the appropriate screwdrivers and you're good to go. It's not hard at all to try and open the E71!Share This Post on Twitter Just Click Tweet Button

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share |