Friday, March 26, 2010

Nokia 6300 display issues

My phone has been through a bit of trouble since I bought it. It fell out of my pocket while running across the road and a truck ran over it. Amazingly it was still on. It was left on the roof of the car and we drove on the freeway before it fell off. A buddhist nun found it and called my girlfriend who got in back for me. Still worked fine with barely a scratch.

Coincidentally it now has some problems with the screen. It isnt cracked or broken but every so often it gets all pixelated random colors for each pixel or the colers get inverted or part of the screen goes black. It is always in a vertical band not just random sections. At first I thought that the housing had been damaged and so the screen was being compacted against the case but Im now thinking that the ribbon cable has been partially damaged and so the connection is not complete.

The main question is whether it would be worth my while to buy a replacement screen off eBay for a small sum and replace it myself. I have the tools the time and the determination to make it work I just want to know whether it is even worth considering.

On a similar note does anyone have any tips on getting a ribbon cable to fit in its socket? My camera screen got cracked and I bought a replacement but it seems that the socket got damaged at some point and the cable will not fit properly. There seems to be three levels the top pins a small plastic seperator and the bottom pins. The cable should fit between the bottom pins and the seperator but since it the seperator is cracked it manages to get in the way and the cable will not fit all the way in. The cable in question is the one that controls the focus so the camera turns on the lens cycles in and out a few times then turns back off. Sony Cybershot DSCW55 from memoryShare This Post on Twitter Just Click Tweet Button

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share |