Friday, March 26, 2010

buying an unlocked iphone a good idea

Is buying an unlocked iphone a good idea? I have 450 minute phone plan with unlimited texting and unlimited data on my old phone with ATT. My old phone is a Nokia 6102i. If I buy an unlocked iphone would I be able to put my sim card in the iphone and use it the same as if I bought an iphone under contract with the iphone plans? My bill currently is around 80 a month. If I buy an iphone with the same plan I will pay around 100 a month.

Im hoping this will work so I can save that 20. Hopefully this is worded so everyone can understand. Thanks for the help. I just want to reiterate my question to try to cover all areas of skepticism. My sim card says 3G on it so I think thats a good thing. How do I know if my sim card has enough memory to support the iphone? Can ATT Apple or someone else relock an unlocked iphone? If I buy an new unused sim card will I have to get a new phone number and plan to make it work? Does buying a new unused sim card defeat the purpose of an unlocked phone?


No My friend recently done this and ended up with software on it which burned out the system. Your contract is simply for the use of your allowance on the simcard provided you can use whichever phone you want with that simcard. I think it is a good idea as the iPhone is a really good phone and i would do the same in our shoes.

Only Buy Phones and IPhones that you can get warranty on Or Buy A New Sim Card with alot more memory I would not trust putting diff sim cards in dif phones. Buying an GMS unlocked Phone is for a No contract phone I hope this Helps You.The sim card will work.

Dont listen to the idiot that said it had software on it that burnt out the system. It would be great if she could actually explain what she is talking about but she cant its impossible because of the processor limit on the iPhone. Secondly its a great idea. In my opinion never ever ever get an iPhone if you cant unlock it they are BORING. I recommend the Motorola Milestone though instead seems much better than the iPhone.Share This Post on Twitter Just Click Tweet Button

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share |