Monday, March 22, 2010

nokia 5230 Email gadget disappeared from home screen

I'm using he Nokia Messaging (email.nokia.com) application for push email. Yesterday I added an Exchange account from my company. It installed Mail for Exchange and everything went smoothly. After a few minutes the Email widget on the Home screen disappeared.

I uninstalled Mail for Exchange and Nokia Messaging but still won't appear again. I even setup an email account using the phones integrated client and still it doesn't show up. On the screen there's only an empty field, as wide as the screen, which changes it's color on click. Right now the only email app installed is Nokia Messaging.


Answer:

I tried restoring the phone to factory settings but that didn't work. I tried reinstalling the email application but that didn't help either. I finally resorted to formatting the phone using some *#77__# code which I do not remember completely. The result was that I had a phone as fresh as I had received when I purchased it. All the messages and contacts go away. The good thing was that the problem was solved.Share This Post on Twitter Just Click Tweet Button

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share |