Saturday, June 26, 2010

Nokia N97 Mini

Nokia N97 Mini for two full weeks, only string attached is that he has to write for me a carefully planned review of the Mini. So now that you know the situation, I can go further and explain what I’ll do here:

nokia n97 mini official N97 Mini Review: Tested By A Noob, 
Commented By an Expert, Unexpected Twist At The End

My friend Tom reviewed the N97 Mini after two weeks of usage. Tom has used a really crappy LG phone for the last 3 years since he doesn’t care as long as the phone texts and calls. Since Tom is a complete noob to the whole smartphone world, I thought that would be pretty interesting to let him try one of the best Nokia devices right now in the market. I gave him an N97, and here are his impressions. Note that I’ll have to comment along in blue his review since he didn’t write a precisely understandable article:

The Nokia N97 Mini was a small, easy to use, and reliable phone. The OS was simple and I personally had no problems learning it. The camera on the phone was clear, but the flash on the phone was not very bright and almost useless. The phone was organized and I was able to get to all of the apps without any problem (after me having installed a few useful apps and cleaning the garbage that comes in the ”Apps” folder, what’s with the empty ”MfE folder”?). The only problem I had was with the internet. I had no problem connecting; it was changing web pages that I had a problem with (yes, tabs on the S60 browser suck). I would go on YouTube and watch a video. When I was done I would go to watch another video and the first video I watched would come up. This even happened when I went to browse the internet. I would type in a website in the URL and the video would pop up again. This would cause the phone to freeze and get stuck a tad bit. (The S60 browser needs an update, try to load engadget on any Nokia phone but the N900 and you will see). The organization of the phone was great, from the app store to the music. I was able to find, buy, and download an app quickly. The app would work great and the phone loaded the app quickly. The app store was organized well. The Home page was also organized well. I was able to manipulate what icons I wanted on the home page easily and it was easy to move around from app to app. I loved that if you hold the action key you can switch between apps no matter how many you may have open. (even a noob intuitively knows what multitasking is!)

Share This Post on Twitter Just Click Tweet Button

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share |