Saturday, April 24, 2010

Unlocking 3G iPhone and Jailbreaking 3G iPhone

i have a 3G iPhone that I am having problems with. It has 3.1.2 firmware and 05.11.07 baseband. Apparently, blackra1n is capable of unlocking it. The "how-to" artice I read didn't tell me to turn off 3G before doing it and it never worked. It was jailbroken, but not unlocked.

So I googled some stuff and found an article that said to use blackra1n RC2. so I used Cydia to download it. I started the install and it gave an error at the end of the install so I decided I'd uninstall it and reboot the phone and try again. The phone froze. I hard reset it and it has never gotten past the apple logo since.

I don't want to upgrade to 3.1.3 so I'm just kind of leaving it like it is for now.Share This Post on Twitter Just Click Tweet Button

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share |